Recipe by Watkinslady30
I found this one in my collection. This is for a garlic lover! It needs to marinate for at least 24 hours before cooking. Great on whole chickens and chicken breasts. I will be using it as a OAMC recipe. As with all garlic recipes, make sure everyone around you enjoys garlic as much as you do.
Top Review by Southern_bella
This smelled so fantastic as it was cooking, my only problem was that the skin started to burn in my rotisserie long before it was fully cooked, so it had a slight "burnt garlic" bitter taste to it. It was really juicy and moist though.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 12 garlic cloves, minimum
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except chicken in blender. Blend until the consistency of a thin mayonnaise.
- Place mixture and chicken in a zip lock bag.
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove from bag, pour liquid into the cavity of the chicken.
- Rotisserie for at about 3 hours or until very golden.
- You can also grill in the summer or bake it in your oven.
- To use for OAMC: Make up the marinade and toss in the freezer. It will marinate as it thaws in the refrigerator. Then use desired cooking method.