Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 hrs
I found this one in my collection. This is for a garlic lover! It needs to marinate for at least 24 hours before cooking. Great on whole chickens and chicken breasts. I will be using it as a OAMC recipe. As with all garlic recipes, make sure everyone around you enjoys garlic as much as you do.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 12 garlic cloves, minimum
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients except chicken in blender. Blend until the consistency of a thin mayonnaise.
- Place mixture and chicken in a zip lock bag.
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove from bag, pour liquid into the cavity of the chicken.
- Rotisserie for at about 3 hours or until very golden.
- You can also grill in the summer or bake it in your oven.
- To use for OAMC: Make up the marinade and toss in the freezer. It will marinate as it thaws in the refrigerator. Then use desired cooking method.
This smelled so fantastic as it was cooking, my only problem was that the skin started to burn in my rotisserie long before it was fully cooked, so it had a slight "burnt garlic" bitter taste to it. It was really juicy and moist though.
Delicious. I doubled everything as I had a huge roaster chicken. After mixing up the ingredients in my magic bullet, I poured a little water in, and then poured that in the chicken cavity before zipping the bag. I baked it under aluminum foil at 400 degrees with a little extra oil (about 1 tbsp) as I was afraid of burning. After it cooked, I spooned the juice over the meat and it was wonderful!
Tried this for the first time the other night and it is very yummy!! My very picky soon to be husband really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing it :)