Recipe by RedWonder
This is not authentic or a copycat of any kind. This is my compilation of various chicken curry recipes, which suits our tastes and that I can make quickly with ingredients I'm likely to have on hand. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping and nutritional info.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This is an excellent curry, I would call it Thai, the flavours blend wonderfully and the peanut butter gives it that Pad Thai tang! The title doesn't do it justice, RedWonder! It was very easy to prepare, and truly, you can't believe how nice it is :D I used some frozen veg .. peas and corn .. and some fresh, a sliced onion, a green pepper, and a handful of chopped spinach. Loved it.... made for PAC Fall 2008
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (I use stir fry mixes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced bottled garlic
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat both oils in large fry pan or wok on med-high heat.
- Add garlic and red curry paste and cook for 3 minutes on med-high heat.
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken and add chicken to pan.
- Stir chicken to coat with curry-garlic mixture.
- Add Worcestershire and lime juice.
- Allow chicken to brown, turning occasionally.
- Once chicken is browned, but not cooked all the way through, add chicken stock to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add curry powder and coconut milk to pan and heat through.
- Add peanut butter, stirring until all "lumps" are melted.
- Add veggies, and allow to heat through.
- Serve with sauce over rice.