Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is one I have made for years. I figured it would be in the database and needed the nutritional values, although there is a two corn casserole in the data base it isn't this one. Every where I take this casserole I am asked for the recipe. Green Giant is the only company that makes 17 oz. cans but the smaller 15 something cans work fine.
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml green pepper, chopped
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 481.94 g whole kernel corn, undrained
- 481.94 g cream-style corn
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 240.97 g corn muffin mix
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 quart casserole dish
- In small skillet, melt margarine.
- Add green pepper and onion; saute' until tender, (I do this in the microwave) Combine cream style corn, whole kernel corn, eggs and corn muffin mix, blend well.
- Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 55-65 minutes until firm and set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.