Prep 7 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Lovely sounding Swiss dessert from myswitzerland.com Time includes chilling time.
Make and share this Two Colour Chocolate Terrine Panaché recipe from Food.com.
- 100 g extra dark bittersweet chocolate (78 % cocoa)
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 liter cream
- 2 teaspoons cognac or 2 teaspoons Amaretto
- raspberries, to decorate
- Rinse a 0.5 L terrine mould in cold water and line with cling film.
- Break up the two types of chocolate and melt them separately in the hot bain marie.
- Meanwhile, use the hand mixer to beat the egg into a lightly-coloured, thick, frothy mixture. Divide the mixture into two. Whip the cream until it is stiff.
- First carefully mix the liquid milk chocolate into half of the egg mixture. Add the cognac or Amaretto and fold in half of the whipped cream. Place into the prepared mould and place in the freezer for ten minutes. Mix the dark chocolate with the rest of the egg mixture and the cream in the same way, and pour onto the light chocolate. Cover, and keep in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours to set.
- Turn out the terrine. Cut into thick slices and arrange with the raspberries.
- HINT. You can prepare the terrine the day before serving.