Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicate and slightly sweet salad can be served either warm of cold. Fresh ingredients are needed to fully appreciate this salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled peas
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long thin strips
- 2 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (Olive Oil will be okay)
- In a small bowl whisk together the wine, vinegar, cream, salt and then add oil until well blended.
- Steam peas and beans for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and steam for 2 to 3 mintues longer.
- Then, add the zucchini and steam until all vegetables are tender, about 2 add'l minutes.
- Gently toss vegetables with dressing and transfer to plate to serve.