Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
I created this rice to accompany a Cuban pork roast. It's well-seasoned with chile powder and serrano peppers, plus green onions, oregano, lime juice and a healthy heaping of cilantro. It's not particularly "green", but a lot of good green ingredients go in it!
Top Review by Barb R
I used this recipe to go with Jerk Chicken - it turned out great. I really liked the lime and serranos with the green onions. The lime doesn't overwhelm at all, I was afraid it might, but it just blended perfectly. Great recipe, very tasty, thanks!
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced (white and 2/3 of green)
- 1 -2 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green onions and serrano peppers 2 minutes in olive oil.
- Add the rice and saute another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lime juice, chile powder and oregano and continue sauteeing another minute or so.
- Pour in water, add cilantro, bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer on very low heat for 15 minutes or until rice is done.
- Salt to taste.