Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Marmiton (Strasbourg, France)
- 40 g butter
- 30 g flour
- 1⁄4 liter milk
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 60 g emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 60 g cheese, mimolette aged
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a medium sized casserole or souffle dish, melt 30 grams of butter and then add the flour - mix.
- Add the milk and heat until just boiling. Set aside.
- Seperate the eggs, and add the yolks to the cooled butter, flour, and milk mixture.
- Add little by little of the cheeses to the butter/milk mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and then fold into the mixture.
- Top the dish with the remaining 10 grams of butter.
- With a knife cut an 'X' on the top of the souffle.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve immediately.