1/7 Photos of Two Cheese Scones With a Touch of Cayenne
Plain cheese scones that are jazzed up a tad by the addition of some cayenne pepper. Great for a hearty brunch or served along side some soup. My sis and me just threw this together for breakkie some morning, so feel free to use other cheeses or spices according to what you have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I use whole spelt flour)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (may use more if you like some heat)
- 40 g garlic infused butter
- 3 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons gouda cheese, grated
- 150 g yogurt (low-fat is fine)
- 1In a big bowl combine flour, soda, baking powder and cayenne pepper.
- 2Rub in the butter using your finger tips.
- 3Stir in the two cheeses.
- 4Add the yogurt and knead briefly until a soft (but not sticky) dough has formed. You might need a little more yogurt (or water) to reach the right consistency.
- 5Flatten dough and cut out scones of desired size. I use a 3 inch glass for cutting out the scones.
- 6Place on a paper-lined baking sheet and brush tops with some yogurt (if desired).
- 7Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 8Enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two Cheese Scones With a Touch of Cayenne
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 132.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: