Prep 10 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This requires 3 hours chilling so allow time for that. Your kids will love these! Easy to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In lg skillet, brown beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce, mushrooms, oregano, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Stir in the two cheeses.
- Spoon onto buns; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
So good-and easy! These are a little like a sloppy joe, but I liked them so much better. I put the beef on big onion topped hamburger buns, which complemented the beef really well. They smelled awesome under the broiler!