Recipe by Dancer^
This kid-friendly casserole can be frozen in packages for a quick lunch. Wrap a square first in plastic wrap, then foil, and freeze.
Top Review by angiyoungblood
once a week, i have to prepare several meals for my DH to take on the road with him. i changed quite a bit in this recipe and it turned out well. mostly, i used it as a guide to use up leftovers. for the cheese, i used about 8 slices of white american processed, half a cup of mexican mix shredded, and half a cup of sharp cheddar, plus the parmesan. for the veggies, i used half a bag of frozen peas, and half a bag of frozen corn. topped it off with remainder of bag of french fried onions. viola!... a perfect mesh of flavors to satisfy the DH.
- 340.19 g penne
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 2 (822.13 g) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 177.44 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 709.77 ml shredded light cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 9-by-11- inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- One minute before it is cooked through, add the broccoli.
- Finish cooking and drain.
- Toss pasta and broccoli with tomatoes, then cheeses.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Cover loosely with foil, and place in the center of the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Let casserole stand for 5 minutes.