1/8 Photos of Two-Cheese Panini With Tomato-Olive Pesto
This is a Tom Colicchio recipe (Wichcraft) that I cut in half, but once you make the pesto, it's easy to make 1 or 20. (I still don't see how they get 20 out of it--lol)
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- 10 slices white bread
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes with the olives and oregano. Season with pepper and process to a coarse paste.
- 2Lightly brush 1 side of each slice of bread with olive oil and set on a large baking sheet, oiled side down. Top half of the bread with the provolone, spread each slice with 1 tablespoon of the tomato-olive pesto and top with the mozzarella. Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread, oiled side up.
- 3Heat a griddle or a very large skillet. Arrange 3 or 4 sandwiches on the griddle and top with a cast-iron skillet: do not press the pan down. Cook the sandwiches over moderately high heat until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and cook until browned and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- 4Cut the crusts off the sandwiches, then cut into triangles and serve.
- 5MAKE AHEAD The panini can be prepared through Step 3 and stored on a wire rack at room temperature for up to 6 hours. Reheat on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven until crisp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two-Cheese Panini With Tomato-Olive Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 353.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g