Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a People magazine. My wife, who is not a big meat eater, loves this one and asks for it almost every week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil over medum heat in a nonstick skilled.
- Add onion and cook, stirring until onions are tender, about 5 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and garlic.
- Add spinach, cover and cook for about 3 minutes until spinach is soft. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly; stir in cheeses.
- Heat oven to 375. Begining in the center of the thicker end of the breast, insert a small knife horizontally, stopping about 1 inch from opposite end.
- Open incision to create a 1 inch wide pocket and pack 1/4 of the filling mixture into each breast.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning blend and place in 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Pour broth over chicken.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40 minutes; keep warm until served.
YUM. We all loved this one. I used toothpicks to secure each breast while cooking. Next time, we're going to add mushrooms to the stuffing mixture, but even without them it was a great success!