Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy cheese sauce turns the pasta into a special side dish that is a perfect accompaniment to my Peppercorn Steaks for Two.
- 1 (7 ounce) package linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine cheeses; toss with the lemon juice.
- Add cheese mixture to sauce, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Drain the linguine; add the cheese sauce and toss to coat.
I had cut this recipe out of a Taste of Home Magazine and was going to post it here, but you already had it posted. Sounds so good!!
Quick, easy side dish. I followed your recipe, except that I just measured out the cheeses and added them right to the sauce, and then squeezed in the lemon juice. I also used mostly half-and-half, since I had some left in the fridge. Good stuff.