Recipe by Aimee67
My husband and I have jumped on the fondue band wagon during the past year. This recipe is a blend of a number of recipes that I have experimented with.
Top Review by Jayne66
This is simply the best cheese fondue and the one I will make from now on. I have enjoyed this fondue twice already and I am planning on making it again for a fondue dinner party with friends. There is a good balance of flavors between the cheese, wine and garlic. No ingredient is overpowering or too intense. The recipe is simple, straight forward, and easy to make. The end result is a smooth flavorful fondue that complements anything you dip into it. My favorite dippers are mushrooms, mini meatballs, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and good crusty bread.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 lb gruyere, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ground pepper
- French bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice garlic in half and rub the inside of saucepan.
- Put garlic in pan and add white wine.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile mix together sherry and cornstarch.
- Slowly add cheese, stirring constantly with whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture, stirring fondue until thickened.
- Pour into fondue pot.
- Add nutmeg and ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with assorted vegetables, meat, and bread.