Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The cream cheese plus the asiago cheese in these biscuits are a great combination. The flavor is different from the usual Parmesan cheese biscuits. You could use other cheeses too. If you don't have the whole wheat flour, just use regular flour in it's place.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces asiago cheese, shredded
- Combine flours, milk, sugar, margarine, cream cheese, cream of tartar, baking powder, and salt. Knead in the bowl. Fold in asiago.
- Form into 10 biscuits and bake on a greased baking sheet at 450F for 10 minutes.
Very good biscuits! I used all white flour, otherwise made as directed. I made my biscuits a little large so I had to cook for about 12 minutes. Great with soup, I think they'd be great with pasta too - thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were okay, a little bland.
Wow, these are very, very tasty little treats! They were wonderfully quick and easy to make and tasted just scrumptious. As suggested by momaphet I too left out the sugar, which was perfect for me as I dont like my cheese biscuits sweet. Instead of asiago cheese, which I didnt have on hand, I used some tasty gouda, which went well with it. I also sprinkled some of the cheese on top to get a nice crust, but that wouldnt have been necessary. Made the full recipe, but only got 5 biscuits, maybe because I made them quite big (7.5 cm in diameter). Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful recipe, Jess! Ill surely make these often again!