1 hr 15 mins
Bring back memories of grandma's hearty meals with this cheesy mashed potato casserole. Pairs beautifully with ham, chicken, or turkey. Havarti cheese can usually be found in the deli (with the Goudas and Feta) section of almost any grocery store and is well worth using. The smoky flavor can not be beat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces (8 cups)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup havarti cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 1 1/2-quart casserole. Place potatoes in 4-quart Dutch oven; add enough water (salted if desired) to cover. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Shake potatoes in Dutch oven over low heat to dry.
- 2In large bowl, mash potatoes until no lumps remain. Add milk in small amounts, beating after each addition (amount of milk needed to make potatoes smooth and fluffy depends on kind of potatoes used).
- 3Add sour cream, margarine, rosemary and salt. Beat vigorously until potatoes are light and fluffy. Stir in Havarti cheese. Spoon into casserole. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 5To make ahead of time, cover unbaked mashed potato mixture tightly with foil and refrigerate no longer than 24 hours. Uncover and bake 40 to 50 minutes.
- 6This recipe is great to double for those hearty appetites! Cook the potatoes in Dutch oven. Use 3-quart casserole and bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes. If you make it ahead and refrigerate, bake 40 to 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two-Cheese and Rosemary Mashed Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: