Recipe by Sudie
From Mom's friend Sylvia. It actually calls for two pounds of beef (thus, two by four), but Sylvia only uses one, and I found it sufficient. I put this in the crockpot on warm on a busy afternoon, and had dinner waiting for me. I served it with a salad and tortillas. This is greater than the sum of its parts; I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. DH told me "this is the best thing to ever come out of that crockpot!"
Top Review by 6kiddosmom
My step son wanted this soup, but I never heard of it. When I found yours I thought I would give it a try hoping he would like it and boy did he. He even ate it the second day. I was shocked thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 lb chopped beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans minestrone soup (Campbell's size)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes, one should be with jalapeno
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste