I found a similar recipe in a women's magazine but it called for 1 cup of pumpkin puree. I never know what I am supposed to do with the rest of the can! So I modified the recipe. They are cooking in my oven as I type and I do not want to lose the recipe.
- 2 (255 g) packages frozen tart shells
- 4 tablespoons Skor English toffee bits
- 4 tablespoons chocolate shavings
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 24 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the frozen tart shells on two baking sheets. Place 1/2 tsp of skor bits in each tart shell. Place 1/2 tsp chocolate shavings in each shell.
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients mix with whisk. Pour into each tart shell (they will be very full).
- Top each tart with a pecan half.
- Bake for twenty minutes switching the baking sheets halfway through.
- Keeps for a couple of days in a sealed container and also freezes well.
I loved these.. i did only make half the amount the recipe suggests.. and now i wish i'd made more. really enjoyed them. thx for another keeper.
Very nice tasting little buggers & it's great that they freeze so well! We especially liked the tri-combo of chocolate, pumpkin & toffee, & I ended up topping each tart with candied pecans! Thanks for a great treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my And-a TWO theme in My-3-Chefs]