Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Created for RSC#6. Time does not include soaking apricots, so plan ahead :)
- 2 sheets of frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup instant powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Soak dried apricots in white wine for 2 hours or more.
- Take the 2 sheets of pastry and brush a thin layer of butter on one sheet and stack the other sheet on top.
- Cut the stacked sheet in half, (A pizza cutter works great for this) Brush one rectangle with butter and place the other one on top.
- You will then have a 7 x 11 pastry sheet with four layers.
- Cut that into 12 equal squares.
- Press each square into a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, powdered milk, and water together and let satnd 10 minutes.
- Blend cream cheese and egg together.
- Add lime zest.
- Drain apricots and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Add powdered milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared shells until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until mixture begins to brown.
- Garnish with lime peel and/or whipping cream, if desired.
Very good and fun to make! I wish I doubled the recipe to make more though. Thanks for sharing!
I want to thank you for several helpful things this recipe provided. Cutting phyllo with a pizza cutter is such a good tip and I also appreciated learning I could use powdered milk successfully in cheesecake! This recipe has a lot going for it. The finished cheesecakes just glisten when finished, the amount of apricots in each tiny cheesecake is just right, and the timing is spot on for my oven. I also liked that this wasn’t overpoweringly sweet. I used a peach flavored white wine to soak the apricots and microwaved them until just hot before letting them sit. I did double the recipe and made these in a muffin tin. Great job chef! Good luck in the contest!!