Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light but filling lunch that comes together easily.
- 100 g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 small red chile, seeded and finely diced
- 1 (400 g) can butter beans or 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans
- 1 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 200 g tuna in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 boston lettuce
- 2 slices brown bread
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Put the green beans in a pan of boiling water for one minute.
- Drain and immediately splash with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Finely slice the red onion, then put in a large bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Drain and rinse the butter or cannellini beans, then throw them into the bowl with the green beans, chilli and tomato.
- Splash with three tablespoons of the olive oil from the tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss until well mixed.
- Break the tuna in chunks and scatter it over the top, then finish with the parsley.
- Arrange the lettuce on two dinner plates, to make a nest for the salad.
- Divide the salad between the two plates, garnish with the egg and serve with buttered bread.