Recipe by bevbar
This hearty vegetarian soup warms up chilly nights. Use any type of canned beans you happen to have on hand, and add rotisserie chicken or Italian sausage for a heftier dish, if you prefer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth, divided (such as Emeril's)
- 2 (15 ounce) cansno-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 7 cups stemmed chopped kale or 1 bunch kale
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, carrot, and celery, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in 3 cups vegetable broth and kale. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until kale is crisp-tender.
- Place half of cannellini beans and remaining 1 cup vegetable broth in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Add pureed bean mixture, remaining cannellini beans, black beans, and pepper to soup. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and rosemary.