Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
From Light and Tasty website 5 WW points and 2 veggies
- 1⁄2 lb dried baby lima beans
- 1⁄2 lb dried great northern beans
- 1 (49 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place beans in a large saucepan or Dutch over; add water to cover by 2 inches Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Return beans to pan. Add broth and ham; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic and ginger; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until beans and vegetables are tender. Garnish with onions.
Made your recipe as written & had a great tasting soup! I can't remember the last time I used lima beans in anything, but in this soup, combined with the other beans & the ham, they were sonderful, & the recipe is a nice addition to my soup makings! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my And-a TWO theme in My-3-Chefs]