1/1 Photo of Two Bean Salad
24 hrs 5 mins
We've all had Three and Four Bean Salad. This is an easy version that is less bean and more vegetable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup French haricots vert
- 1 cup red radish, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut in small dice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw, but white table sugar is fine)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (not extra virgin) or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or 1 cup chickpeas, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, slightly crushed
- 1Cook haricots vert or string beans in boiling, salted water until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Cut into 1 1/2 inch - 2 inch pieces, if desired; set aside.
- 2Combine the red radish, red onion, and red pepper (hey, all the red stuff!) and sprinkle with the salt. Stir to combine. Strain for 30 minutes over a.
- 3bowl or into the sink (liquid is discarded). After the 30 minutes, rinse under cold water and shake the strainer a few times to lose some of that water. Let drain another 5 minutes or so.
- 4Meanwhile, heat cider vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan, over medium heat just until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and stir; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, combine garbanzo beans, zucchini, and drained and strained vegetables. Pour vinegar mixture over and mix.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning stir and recover. It will be ready by lunchtime!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 229.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g