Recipe by Debbie R.
From the American Diabetes Association. Passive cooking time is the minimum marinating time. Overnight is probably better. I would probably just use Splenda or Equal instead of the sugar. The book says one serving counts as 1 vegetable serving.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
One change I made was to use steamed fresh green beans instead of the canned, but other than that followed your list of ingredients right on down, & we had a great tasting change of pace in salads! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut wax beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onions or 1⁄4 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar