Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From the American Diabetes Association. Passive cooking time is the minimum marinating time. Overnight is probably better. I would probably just use Splenda or Equal instead of the sugar. The book says one serving counts as 1 vegetable serving.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut wax beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onions or 1⁄4 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine beans, onion, pimiento and parsley.
- Mix vinegar, salt, water, pepper and sugar. Toss with beans.
- Store covered in fridge overnight or at least four hours, stirring occasionally.
One change I made was to use steamed fresh green beans instead of the canned, but other than that followed your list of ingredients right on down, & we had a great tasting change of pace in salads! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
SO healthy, easy to do, Tasty and good for us too! Used frozen beans as had on hand, TRUE! THANKS for sharing it with us all at ZAAR too!
I'm just going to comment because I changed the recipe to my liking. I used fresh steamed green beans and fresh red pepper(I'm on a new diet). I used lemon juice in place of vinegar and honey in place of sugar. I really enjoyed the flavor! Thank you Debbie!