Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent salad that's never out of place, whether at a summer barbecue or a winter potluck dinner.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (use red wine vinegar if you wish)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir to blend well.
- Refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving; make sure salad is brought to room temperature before serving.
- Taste before putting on table and add salt and pepper to taste, if you wish.
I really liked this dish. I went to a pot luck and took this and everyone liked it very much.
Well as I said in the post concerning this salad I was dissappointed that it wasn't better received at our school's potluck. Hubby's job was to gather a honest review of the salad, and for the most part it came back as being accepted as average. I sometimes think that not all dishes get a fair shake at "potluck" simply because you can have such a variety of flavors that may simply clash, and I think that in all fairness that could be part of what happened here. I am submitting a picture in gratitude for your suggesting this easy salad, and I must add on the plus side that I did like the idea of making this the night before and then giving it that 1/2 hour of "warm up" time making it ideal in that respect for potluck.
Good basic salad that goes well at a picnic.