Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super easy, and gives you all the protein and fiber you need for what ails you. About the name: it's not thick enough for a stew, nor thin enough for a soup, therefore, it's a stoup.
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, sliced very thin
- 1 cup green cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup green soybeans (edamame)
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans boneless skinless chicken breasts, drained
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- Saute onion and veggies in hot oil until onion is golden brown and cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add tomatoes and beans to veggies. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken breast. Stir to combine.
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer.
- Add boullion. Bring to a boil, then lower heat until stoup simmers. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve over rice, pasta, or day-old toasted bread.