Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Two-Bean Cassoulet recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 ounces smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- chopped seeded tomato
- snipped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken thighs in hot oil over med-low heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skillet; reserve drippings in skillet.
- Add carrots, onion, and garlic to skillet; cover and cook about 10 minutes or just until the carrots are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in drained beans, tomato sauce, wine, thyme, and allspice; stir in sausage.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place chicken on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- If desired, sprinkle tomatoes and parsley over the top.
- Bake about 5 more minutes or just until the tomatoes are heated through.