Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Two-Bean Burger Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (16 ounce) canbaked beans with bacon and brown sugar, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained, reserve 1/4 cup liquid
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks (12 breadsticks)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, turning once, until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; crumble bacon; drain drippings from skillet.
- In the same skillet, cook beef and onion over med-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in bacon, baked beans, kidney beans with reserved 1/4 cup liquid, brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar.
- Decrease heat to med-low; cook, until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into ungreased 11 x 7 inch glass baking dish.
- Unroll dough; separate into 12 strips.
- Arrange strips in lattice design over bean mixture, overlapping as necessary to fit.
- Brush dough with milk; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until breadsticks are golden brown and casserole is bubbly.