Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another Fern and Phil's tasty low-fat dinner. You can use cans of the beans, but remember to drain them.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 3 mixed peppers, cubed and de-seeded
- 410 g kidney beans
- 410 g chickpeas
- 198 g sweetcorn
- 1⁄4 pint chicken stock or 1⁄4 pint vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220 C (426F gas 7).
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in an ovenproof casserole, add the onion, garlic and peppers and cook over medium heat for 5 minute to colour and soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season well.
- Bring to the boil take away from the heat and cover.
- Place in the preheated over for 15 minute
- Serve with palin boiled basmati rice.