Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a refreshing summer sidedish.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed,drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed,drained
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeno chiles, seeded,chopped
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and cumin in large bowl to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Let stand at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, tossing occasionally.
I made this salad to take to a trivia night. It is a beautiful combination of colors, and it was very well received. Several folks asked for the recipe.
I made this salad for a BBQ just to have a change from the regular green salad and it went over pretty well. The cumin in the dressing adds a nice touch.
I took this to a potluck supper and several people asked for the recipe. It is very good and very easy. It is also pretty.