Recipe by Mille®
This chutney goes well on any form of roast beef. I especially like it on a deli-style roast beef sub.
- 2 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt substitute (or you can use the real thing)
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups scallion greens, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring vinegars, sugar, salt, black pepper, chili or red pepper flakes and mustard seeds to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, bell peppers and scallion greens.
- Simmer uncovered for about 1½ hours, or until reduced to about three cups and thickened.
- Stir occasionally, increasing the frequency of stirring during the last hour.