1/1 Photo of Two 12-Inch Good and Easy Pepperoni Pizzas
From a Gold Medal Flour bag in the early 1970's -- makes 2 crusts -- if your children won't eat onions, do as I did when my daughter was little and blend the tomato sauce and onion in the blender! If Jennifer couldn't see the onion pieces, she ate it! Can be frozen and baked at a later time -- For crispy pepperoni, put it on top of the cheese!
My Private Note
12 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast (1 package is approximately 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour (stir to remove any lumps)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated (equals 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced (equals 1 cup ~ use 70% less fat turkey pepperoni for less fat puddles!)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (equals 2 cups)
- 1Dough directions:.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees (400 degrees if using Pyrex pizza pans).
- 3Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining dough ingredients: beat vigorously, about 20 strokes.
- 4Allow dough to rest about 5 minutes while preparing sauce.
- 6Mix sauce ingredients; set aside.
- 8Divide dough in half. On lightly greased baking pans, pat/press each half into 12 inch circles. Use floured finger tips when pressing dough into circles.
- 9Spread sauce on each circle. Arrange pepperoni on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Or, for crispy pepperoni, put it on top of the mozzarella!
- 10Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is brown and topping is hot and bubbly. Makes 2 pizzas.
- 11To freeze and bake later: double wrap and freeze assembled pizza (without baking) on the pizza pan ~ bake frozen pizza at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two 12-Inch Good and Easy Pepperoni Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 489.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g