Hmm..banana, chocolate, biscuit pieces, caramel....what else do you need?:D
Make and share this Twix N Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 farenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, bananas, oil and sugar and mash it all up.
- In another bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt, & flour.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix till just combined.
- One packet of Twix contains 2 sticks of chocolate. You will need 2 packets for this recipe.
- Crumble up 3 sticks of Twix and lightly fold into the batter. Spoon into WELL GREASED muffin cups. With the remaining one stick of Twix, crumble it and sprinkle on the tops of the unbaked muffins. Bake for around 20 mins or till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it stay in the muffin pan for 5 mins and then remove them and allow them to cool.
Really nice, moist banana muffin! I didn't really like the addition of the twix bars - I think it made the muffins less attractive with "holes" in the sides & bottoms of the muffins and I don't think the flavour shone through the banana. I only used 1 1/2 large bananas because that was all I had (it equalled one cup) & ended up with 10 large muffins.
My husband loved these muffins. Very moist and tasty. I used 1/4 cup of oil and didn't add salt. This recipe made 12 muffins for me. Thanks for sharing, Tunasushi :-)
These were HEAVENLY! I used large, and I do mean LARGE bananas, and smaller than average muffin tins, so I had more than 10 muffins. I made them yesterday, and they are GONE. There were only 6 of us!!!!! This was a huge hit with the adults as well as the kids! Thanks for posting a fabulous recipe which included a delicious and often overlooked candy bar! Made for ZWT3.