Recipe by sheepdoc
I was looking for something chocolate-y and easy. Found this on a blog and adapted it to suit my tastes. Next time, I think I'll cook the cookie and caramel, then refrigerate until the caramel hardens, then cover with melted chocolate chips.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Made these for DH who is a huge Twix and caramel anything fan but doesn't like the milk chocolate. So I used dark chocolate (80 %) for the chocolate chips, and they turned out fantastic, better than the real thing. Thanks for this nice idea :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use pastry blender to mix flour, brown sugar, and butter to the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Heat caramel sauce if necessary to make it pourable and pour over cookie layer.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Wait at least 5 minutes.
- Gently smooth melted chocolate over caramel layer.
- Put in fridge to harden, cut into small bars.