Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was looking for something chocolate-y and easy. Found this on a blog and adapted it to suit my tastes. Next time, I think I'll cook the cookie and caramel, then refrigerate until the caramel hardens, then cover with melted chocolate chips.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use pastry blender to mix flour, brown sugar, and butter to the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Heat caramel sauce if necessary to make it pourable and pour over cookie layer.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Wait at least 5 minutes.
- Gently smooth melted chocolate over caramel layer.
- Put in fridge to harden, cut into small bars.
Made these for DH who is a huge Twix and caramel anything fan but doesn't like the milk chocolate. So I used dark chocolate (80 %) for the chocolate chips, and they turned out fantastic, better than the real thing. Thanks for this nice idea :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2013