1 hr 15 mins
Something like a Twix in the form of a pie, but better. This is not a clone recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large egg yolks
- 14.79 ml cocoa powder (I prefer 1/2 tablespoons)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml heavy whipping cream
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 141.74 g high-quality milk chocolate, chopped (semisweet works too)
- 1For crust: Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- 2Butter 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Blend flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add 1/2 cup butter; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolks; process until moist clumps form. Add cocoa powder; blend in using the pulse button.
- 3Press dough onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Cool in pan on rack while preparing caramel filling.
- 4For caramel filling: Combine sugar and 1/4 cup water in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring (stirring causes graininess) until mixture is deep amber, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan, about 7 minutes. Watch carefully, sugar may burn so fast.
- 5Remove from heat; add cream (mixture will bubble vigorously). Add butter and stir over low heat until caramel is completely smooth. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; stir in salt. Cool 10 minutes. Pour warm caramel into crust. Let stand at room temperature until completely cool, about 45 minutes.
- 6For ganache: Bring cream to simmer in small saucepan. Remove from heat; add chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Let stand until slightly cooled but still pourable, about 10 minutes. Pour ganache evenly over caramel filling. Refrigerate tart uncovered until chocolate is firm, about 2 hours. do ahead Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twix Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.9
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.8 mg
- Sodium 251.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: