Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A variation on a cookie recipe from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion. The cookies were a hit with the whole family! For the chocolate bars, I used about 4 Twix bars, but pretty much any chocolate bar would work well!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Cream together butter, sugars, corn syrup, and vinegar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in flour.
- Add Twix pieces and chocolate chips, and mix.
- Drop cookie dough into 1 tbsp balls onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. They spread out a fair bit, so seperate them by about 2 inches to avoid sticking together. I had to do about 3 pans, but it's worth it!
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown but still soft.
Bet ya can't eat just one! Really, these cookies become an addiction with the first bite. I never have corn syrup in the house so I used No Sugar Added maple syrup and proceeded with the recipe as ask. These are great cookies, the Twix add textured and flavorful bits that fullu compliment the chocolate chips. I found that the caramel leaks out in one or two places and needs to be broken off but that wasn't any trouble. I should also say that I set the oven @350 and the cookies were beautifully baked @12 mins even though I made them bigger than specified, I cut the recipe amount in half and scooped generously so I ended up with 18 perfect and scrumptious soft cookies. Will certainly make again!