Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from my small hometown cookbook!
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Club crackers
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Spread 1 layer of Club crackers in a greased 9x13" pan.
- Combine graham crackers, brown sugar, white sugar, milk, and butter; boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour over crackers.
- Add another layer of club crackers on top.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips; spread over crackers.
- Refrigerate and serve!
These get better and better every time I make them. You can easily make them vegan by using margarine and soy or rice milk - fantastic! Only thing I would recommend against is the "boiling for 5 minutes" part - we did this the first time and it became hard and very difficult to work with. It takes no time at all to turn to caramel. Also, I bought crackers that are similar to club crackers but are scored like graham crackers and I break them up before placing in the pan. Makes it much easier to separate afterwards. Excellent recipe!
these are great! thanks for posting
My grandsons really liked these. I used milk chocolate chips and refrigerated overnight. I did have to let them sit a bit before cutting. After sitting out chocolate started to melt so I did store in refrigerator. Everyone enjoyed these and they are very easy to make.