Dill is the "twist" in this classic toasted tuna and cheese sandwich! The nice thing about this recipe is 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes plus 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves can be substituted for the dill weed and dried lemon pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix tuna, mayonnaise, relish, salt and celery in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2Combine butter, dill and lemon peel; beat until smooth.
- 3Assemble 4 sandwiches by placing 1/4 of the tuna mixture on each of 4 slices of bread.
- 4Top each with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
- 5Top with remaining bread slices.
- 6Spread 1 tablespoon seasoned butter on outer side of each sandwich.
- 7Heat large skillet or griddle.
- 8Brown sandwiches on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twisted Tuna Melt
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.9
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 1510.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 24.0 g