Recipe by Dancer^
Dill is the "twist" in this classic toasted tuna and cheese sandwich! The nice thing about this recipe is 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes plus 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves can be substituted for the dill weed and dried lemon pepper.
- 1 (9 ounce) can chunk tuna, drained
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, relish, salt and celery in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter, dill and lemon peel; beat until smooth.
- Assemble 4 sandwiches by placing 1/4 of the tuna mixture on each of 4 slices of bread.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon seasoned butter on outer side of each sandwich.
- Heat large skillet or griddle.
- Brown sandwiches on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot.