Recipe by Madeline's Mommy
I have been trying for a few months now to make a recipe as close to what my mother made. This taste just like it. It's not overly sweet, or fishy tasting. I do not like sea food but I could eat this sandwich everyday.
Top Review by KimmieCat1
This is a delicious tuna salad. I halved the recipe and don't think it caused any problems. Plus, I didn't have any Miracle Whip, so I made recipe #267595 #267595. Thanks Madeline's Mommy for a terrific recipe.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained. I use bumble bee brand
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish, cubed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (you can use black, no need to go out and buy white if you have the black)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- bread, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- While the eggs are boiling, mix drained tuna with mayonaise, mustard, lemon juice, relish, salt, pepper and paprika. Fold peeled and smashed eggs into tuna mixture. Place in refridgerator for 30 minutes for flavors to come together. When ready to serve, spread a little of the miracle whip on the bread and toast. Top toasted bread with tuna and serve with lays plain potato chips.