Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A new twist on the traditional Snowball Cookies aka Butter Balls, Walnut Balls, Pecan Puffs, etc.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, to coat
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cream together the butter and 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar.
- Add the flour, salt, zest, and nuts, stirring until a dough forms.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake on center oven rack for 10 minutes.
- While still warm, roll each snowball in confectioners' sugar and transfer to wire rack.
- Re-roll once snowballs have cooled completely.
I loved the buttery sweetness of these cookies. I've made a similar cookie before, but could never seem to get the confectioners sugar to stay on them. Now I know the key! It's re-rolling the cookies after they cool. Thank you for sharing this recipe!