1/3 Photos of Twisted Snow Pea Toss
Found this recipe on one of those grocery recipe cards from the produce section. This is a very different twist on an Asian dish in my opinion by using the black beans with the snow peas and edamame (baby soybeans). I could not find seasoned rice vinegar so I used plain rice vinegar...maybe I don't understand what they are calling for with that ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled & grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded & cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- salt & pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1Stir together marmalade, oil, vinegar and ginger and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl combine the black beans, bell pepper and green onions and set aside.
- 3Cook edamame in large pan of boiling water according to package directions. Add snow peas to pan during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 4Add edamame, snow peas and reserved dressing to the bean mixture; tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add orange sections and lightly toss. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twisted Snow Pea Toss
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar