1/11 Photos of Twisted Sister’s Creamy Cucumber Salad
When I arrived in Iceland, this was my DH’s 1st food request & I went thru a lot of RZ cucumber salad recipes to be sure it wasn’t a duplicate. Siggi & my sister named this because it was original w/me & because of my twissis internet identity. For best results, don’t make this a dy ahead, but do allow at least 2 hrs for the flavors to blend & the “cream” to develop from the finished ingredient mix. I promise you’ll like this. (Stated time does not include refrigeration time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium cucumbers (peeled, sliced 1/2 in thick & halved)
- 1 medium red onion (roughly diced)
- 2 large tomatoes (seeds removed & diced)
- 1/2 green pepper (thinly sliced & cut in 1 in strips)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (more to taste as desired)
- 1Peel & slice cucumbers in 1/2 in thick slices. Then half ea slice & transfer all slices to a lrg mixing bowl (See note).
- 2Roughly dice red onion & add to the bowl.
- 3Quarter tomatoes, remove seeds, rough dice the tomato “meat” & add to the bowl.
- 4Thinly slice 1/2 green pepper, cut slices in 1 in strips & add to the bowl.
- 5Toss prepared “veggies” to achieve a good distributional mix.
- 6Add last 6 ingredients to bowl, mix well & refrigerate at least 2 hrs (stirring at least once to redistribute ingredients).
- 7Notes: The cucumber cut is esp important. If thinly sliced, most cucumbers wilt & do not retain their crunch. -- When all ingredients have been combined, the mixture will appear dry & lack a creamy texture or appearance. DO NOT PANIC – that will begin to change almost immediately.
- 8Note added 7/24/06: In response to reviewer comments, the amt of salt has been reduced by half. If you reduce further, you will likely lose any salt component in the mix.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twisted Sister’s Creamy Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 110.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: