Recipe by Jamie Smith
I got bored one day and decided to make my own type of quesadillas. I combined a bunch of things I had lying around the house to make one great beef filling for my quesadillas! I topped it all together and made great quesadilla's the whole family enjoyed. The ingredients seem spicy but it is in reality a mild dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresno chile pepper (1 medium)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped caribe chile pepper (1 half)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (1 half)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in large sauce pan.
- Once completely cooked add peppers, garlic, stewed tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Continually stir mixture for 15-20 minutes on high heat or until completely blended.
- Placed tortilla shell on lightly greased pan.
- Put a thin layer of cheese on the tortilla.
- Place desired amount of beef mixture on the cheese.
- Place another layer of cheese on the beef mixture.
- Top all with another tortilla shell.
- Brush the top tortilla shell with egg whites.
- Place in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish with sour creme and salsa and enjoy!