Recipe by Chef Mommie
In honor of my PAC Mommie, who was so good as my PAC baby before she became my wonderful Mommie. Thank you Twissis!!!! HITYL???
- 1 cup butter, room temperature or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 lb confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs and continue to cream for five minutes.
- Add vanilla, flour, and baking powder mixing together.
- Remove from bowl and knead for 5 minutes.
- If dough is sticky and soft, add a tiny amout of flour.
- Break off pieces of dough and roll between palms of hands, into 2-inch length ropes and twist into a knot shape. (love knots mom).
- Place little knots 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cookies should only be slightly brown on bottoms.
- Watch carefully.
- Let cool.
- To make icing:.
- Combine sugar and milk, blend in anise extract.
- Dip cookie tops into the anise icing which should be thick.
- Place cookies on a sheet of wax paper to dry.