Chef Mommie's Note:
In honor of my PAC Mommie, who was so good as my PAC baby before she became my wonderful Mommie. Thank you Twissis!!!! HITYL???
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, room temperature or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs and continue to cream for five minutes.
- 3Add vanilla, flour, and baking powder mixing together.
- 4Remove from bowl and knead for 5 minutes.
- 5If dough is sticky and soft, add a tiny amout of flour.
- 6Break off pieces of dough and roll between palms of hands, into 2-inch length ropes and twist into a knot shape. (love knots mom).
- 7Place little knots 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Cookies should only be slightly brown on bottoms.
- 9Watch carefully.
- 10Let cool.
- 11To make icing:.
- 12Combine sugar and milk, blend in anise extract.
- 13Dip cookie tops into the anise icing which should be thick.
- 14Place cookies on a sheet of wax paper to dry.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twisted Little Gems
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 176.1 mg
- Sodium 393.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: