Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a similar salad at Red Robin years ago. They took it off their menu, so I had to invent my own! The twist comes from the corkscrew shaped rotini pasta! (Cook time includes time to boil the pasta, but not cook the chicken) This recipe originally called for 2 T of garlic, but when I made it last it was too strong...so it depends on the strength of garlic you have on hand...start small in quantity and work up according to your taste.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 5 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotini pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- To make Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on low for 20 seconds to incorporate oil. Blend on high for 20 more seconds to mix thoroughly. Place in covered container, and refrigerate.
- To make Salad: Chop Romaine into bite sized pieces and combine with the other ingredients. Toss with the desired amount of dressing. (I use 1/2 and store the remaining in the refrigerator for another meal!).
I love this and make it all the time! Thanks for posting the recipe.