Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Twisted Butter Chef and Owner Jane Johnson makes hearty, homemade ravioli with a twist! Using Twisted Butter’s Cilantro & Lime butter, this corn ravioli has a healthy kick of ingredients and flavor.
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked and removed from the cob
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet onions
- 7 tablespoons Twisted cilantro and lime butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese, room temp
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 (8 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoons TWISTED Cilantro & Lime Butter in sauté pan; add in corn, red bell pepper and onion. Let sauté until onion is translucent and corn has released some of its sugars. Add in 1/4 cup heavy cream and reduce by half. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, smash up a bit with a fork, stir in ricotta and cream cheese. Place wonton wrappers down (three at a time works) and in the center of each, place 1 1/2 t filling. Brush exposed wrapper with egg yolk, carefully place a second wrapper on top and carefully seal edges, making sure to get out any air bubbles. Cut with star cutter, work fingers around edges to make sure seal is tight. Set aside on floured baking sheet and continue to assemble.
- When finished, boil water and gently add raviolis a few at a time, cooking for 2 minutes or until they float. Carefully remove and drain.
- For Sauce: In clean sauté pan, melt remaining 5 tablespoons TWISTED Cilantro & Lime Butter, when melted, and butter is just very lightly browning. Add in remaining cream and reduce to thickened. Salt and pepper to taste, serve over raviolis immediately.
- Garnish with Parmesan.
This was really quite delicious. The sauce was creamy and the filling buttery. Very nice combination of flavors.